Mountain-framed Leh and the barren beauty of Ladakh will take anyone's breath away. Both Leh-Ladakh offer an amazing cocktail for trekkers, mountaineers, adventure lovers, nature lovers and cultural observers.
The jagged mountains contoured exotically, arid climate that you won’t find anywhere, the mud brick houses, whitewashed stupas and the magical Buddhist touch to Leh-Ladakh make them one of the most sought after destinations in the world.
Though a major threat to its delicately balanced ecological existence, Leh Ladakh is thronged by tourists and adventure seekers when it opens up for brief window. The awe inspiring historic, spiritual, cultural and monumental wealth of this place is truly amazing. Gompa here have incredible interiors, colourfully awash with the murals and bodhisattvas statuary.
Prayer wheels spun clockwise release a positive vibe with soothing mantras in the backdrop. And the Tibetan-style palace and forts are in itself a heritage worth observing. You need ample time to watch and experience Leh and Ladakh, so get sufficient time in hand. In fact, getting acclimatization itself requires few days before you can enjoy to the full extend - the unforgettable landscape and unforgettable adventure here
Leh Ladakh Taxi Services - The Best Way to Reach Leh Ladakh
Yes, you can travel Leh Ladakh by air, bus and even self drive. But the most convenient way to travel this amazing land would be by hiring a Taxi. Himalayan Cab offers a whole fleet of cars in various models and styles at and incredible budget.
Besides the optimum packages, you get a dedicated travel guide as our experienced drive, who’ll make sure you don’t miss a thing while travelling through this beautiful destination. With Leh Ladakh Taxi Services you have the ease to travel at your pace and makes halts as and when you wish. So get your cab today and travel Leh Ladakh in convenience you deserve.
Best Time To Visit
Leh – Ladakh by road is open between May to September. Even though the Srinagar – Leh highway opens by the middle of May, the Manali – Leh highway opens in June only.
|Yapola Gorge||Tia Village||Leh Old Town||Korzok||Buddhist Monastery in Phyang||Phyang Gompa|
|Diskit Gompa||Sengge La||Yungdrung Gompa||Chilling||Village in Tso Moriri Loop||Thukye|
|Buddhist Monastery in Leh||Spituk Gompa||Buddhist Monastery in Hemis||Hemis Gompa||Buddhist Temple in Shey||Naropa Royal Palace Temple|
|Khardung La||Fortress in Phyang||Hanu Yokma||Tangtse Gompa||Museum in Leh||Hall of Fame|
|Buddhist Temple in Alchi & Saspol||Buddhist Temple in Hemis||Gotsang Hermitage||LAMO||Ruins in Basgo & Ney||Basgo Palace Complex|
|Buddhist Monastery in Chemrey & Takthog||Thekchhok Gompa||Tisseru Stupa||Likir Gompa||Museum in Stok||Gyab-Thago Heritage House|
|Buddhist Temple in Phyang||Guru Lakhang||Timishgan Khar||Rumbak||Sumdha Chun Temple||Druk Padma Karpo School|
|Ruins in Chiktan||Razi Khor||Pon Khar||Spituk Gonkhang||Village in Dha Hanu & Batalik||Skurbuchan|
|Saspol Caves||Museum in Leh||Central Asian Museum||Village in Tso Moriri Loop||Village in Pangong Tso||Merak|
|Korzok||Buddhist Monastery in Phyang||Phyang Gompa||Village in Tso Moriri Loop||Domkhar Rock Art Sanctuary||Darchiks|
|Palace in Stok||Lake in Tso Moriri Loop||Tso Kar||Chokhang Vihara||Lake in Tso Moriri Loop||Takmachik|
|Likche||Sankar Gompa||Yangthang||Sankar||Moonland||Ney Buddha|
|Shanti Stupa||Kanji||Hanle||Hemis Shukpachan||Tseskarmo Gompa||Takthog (Dakthok) Gompa|
|Saspol Chamba||Himya||Village in Around Leh||Yurutse||Tacha Gompa||Mulbekh Castle Site|
|Gomang Stupa||Stakna Gompa||Museum in Leh||Ladakh Rocks & Minerals Museum||Castle in Leh||Tsemo Fort|
|Gate in Leh||Friendship Gate||Buddhist Statue in Diskit||Giant Chamba Statue|
- Air - Booking for flight booking for Leh are available year round, yes even during winters. But the Leh airport is a military airport; hence the security here is bit tighter. You might be denied entry if you lack required documents, so you must be very particular about your passports, boarding tickets, visa (if visiting from other country) ID proofs etc. You can easily get a taxi from the airport to whatever destination or hotel you are heading.
- Via Road through Bus - It’s a bit bumpy ride all through the way up to Leh en-route from Jammu and Kashmir or Manali. The journey can be tedious and takes a lot of time. It will take you at least 4 days to reach Leh once your board your bus from Delhi.
- Self Drive -It’s a take for adventure lovers and will surely prove to be a dream drive that is filled with excitement and adrenalin. You can take a bike, jeep, SUV or even a bicycle - anything that suits your convenience. You can either traverse from lower altitude via Jammu and Kashmir or higher up via Rohtang Pass via Kelong and Sarchu
- Via Srinagar to Leh - You can reach Ladakh from Kashmir Valley through Kargil that will be around 434 km of travel. This route remains open from early June to November. The Himalayan Zoji-La pass is a gateway to Ladakh and is approximately 11,500 feet (3,505 m high) above the sea level. The Jammu and Kashmir State Road Transport Corporation, J&K SRTC, ply regular deluxe and ordinary bus services between Srinagar and Leh. There's a night halt in Kargil. You can either hire cars, jeeps or taxis in Srinagar or if you are travelling in group then best option would be to hire deluxe buses for Leh, Kargil or Padum (Zanskar) from J & K SRTC at Srinagar.
- Via Manali to Leh - The Manali-Leh road is about 473 kms and has been a route to Ladakh since 1989. This route opened from mid-June till early October. The meandering roads pass through desert plateau of Rupsho which is at the altitude of about 3,660m to 4,570m above sea level. You will come across number of high altitude passes while travelling through this road, especially the Taglang-La which is the second highest motorable road in the world at 17,469 feet (5,235m) above the sea level. Himachal Pradesh Tourism (HRTC) and J & K SRTC ply deluxe and ordinary buses everyday between Manali and Leh. It will take around two days to reach Ladakh with night stop in camps at Sarchu or Pang. The option to hire taxis is always open.
- Via Air - Leh Kushok Bakula Rimpochee Airport is the main airport of the area running flights directly from Delhi, Srinagar and Jammu. The flights are run by Air India, Go Air and Jet Airways which set schedules that are subjected to change according to the weather which can be adverse sometimes. It is therefore recommend having flexible travel plans.
Get fully modernised cars in latest model with complete air conditioning at par with international standards. We have one of the largest pools of cars that come in every build.